Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mr. Wonderful

Last Tuesday I had foot surgery. I won't go into all the ugly details of the first few days but I would like to share what my loving caregiver and husband, Dean, did for me on Saturday. I have been reading the book "Eat, Pray, Love" and it so happens the movie was released just this week-end. Four short days after surgery I asked Dean, "couldn't you just load me up in the car and take me to see that movie? I could prop my foot up on the seat in front of me. How different could that be from laying in bed watching T.V.? He simply looked at me and frowned. This is day 4 of a six week recovery process. It is going to be a long month and a half. Anyway, shortly after that he announced he was going to the store and did I want anything? Being the pouty baby that I am I just said "No, I don't want anything." About a half an hour later Dean walks into the bedroom with a big plastic sack and pulls out a large, straight from the movie theater, bag of popcorn.
He said, "If I can't take you to the movie theater, at least I can bring a little of the movie theater to you." So the rest of the afternoon was spent watching a marathon of "America's Next Top Model" and eating popcorn. Thank you honey, you are The Best!!

1 comment:

  1. I knew that Dean would be a good caregiver and he has not let me down. Hope that the rest of your days of recovery will be spent as happily.
    I am looking forward to reading more blogs. Glad you have decided to take it up again.
    Lots of love Vicki

    ReplyDelete