Saturday, October 23, 2010

Honey Bee

 I have given Brooklyn a new nickname. It is Honey Bee. She is sweet like honey :-) Well, generally she is sweet. We all have our off days. Her first and last initials are both "B" and she has told me numerous times she would like to compete in a spelling bee. She just scored 199 out of 200 on a spelling test at school (but that is another story). However,  the number one reason I've taken to calling her Honey Bee is her sting on the soccer field. Whether she is playing goalie, fullback or forward she is a force to be reckoned with. She lunges, she plunges, she thrusts her body right in front of an opposing player to get at that ball. She will kick hard and she is not afraid of being kicked. Sometimes her enthusiasm is so great she will swing for a kick and completely miss the ball. A little more patience and control on her part wouldn't be a bad thing but once she perfects that we will be calling her Queen Bee. Sometimes I find myself getting a little embarrassed because she is so aggressive but today after the game a man we didn't even know came right up to Brooklyn, bent down to her eye level and said, "you are quite a player out there." She has not made a goal yet but she has prevented plenty of goals from being made by her opponents. Some of you know what a struggle Brookyn's life has been, wouldn't it be fabulous if she became a true soccer star?  O.K., it's only her second year, but grandmas can dream.





3 comments:

  1. Lizzy, I just chose "anonymous" from the drop down list and then clicked "post comment" should work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered if I leave the computer alone and let it load (which takes awhile) it will eventually allow me to view your blog. I am so proud and pleased for Honey Bee. I love it that she has the confidence to just go for it. I would love to watch her play. Tell her Aunt Vicki is really happy that she is such a good soccer player.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I can finally see your postings I enjoyed hearing about your trip. Some of your photos are really beautiful. You are getting to be an amazing photagragher. I am a bit jealous, i have wanted to take a road trip across our great country for a long time. Guess I will have to be satisfied seeing it from your eyes.
    Sister1

    ReplyDelete