Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day Two, Leaving Nevada, Entering Utah, Idaho and Wyoming

Somewhere in Idaho, from the car window at 75 mph

 Not much narrative tonight other than I was glad to be out of Nevada. We didn't leave the hotel until about 10:00 a.m. and didn't hit Idaho until about 2:00 p.m. A beautiful, windy trip along Hwy 30 gave us a gorgeous scenic view of alpine meadows and big sky country wrapped in pine trees, Cottonwood and Aspen. I'm guessing in another month this beautiful valley area will be enveloped in golden yellow. We enjoyed it tremendously with emerald green landscape capped off in bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds.
Cattle roamed free range along these back roads and kept my driver alert, :-)
Open range cattle along Hwy 30, MaCammon, Idaho

Big sky country, beautiful valley in Idaho

Fisrt peek of the Snake River, Wayan, Idaho
When we first saw the Snake River I thought it was going to be in close competition with the Rogue River or the Willamette River near Eugene, Oregon. They are all beautiful and I would be hard pressed to name a favorite.


Dean at the View Point, Snake River, Wyoming

a bunch of people doing the white water thing on the Snake River


I can't get enough of The Snake




4 comments:

  1. Looks like today had much more interesting scenery. Beautiful views of the Snake river. Now you can really start enjoying your trip.
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am upset, cause I made a comment last nite, but it's gone, or not here. Is it somewhere? Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Loves, fun to follow you on your magic ride. I am trying to be a follower, but not doing too well. lol loverbabies you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzy and Vicki,

    I do see your comments. Thank you!!! I don't have internet in my room so haven't been able to post as much. Keep checking back though because I do plan to hang out in the lobby eventually and get caught up. Love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete