Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Make A Joyful Noise




I love family gatherings and my nephew Dalton's graduation celebration was no exception. Here is a rare moment of father and son, my daddy and brother, serenading everyone. No not really. They aren't really singing but this photo makes me laugh because it looks like they are. Truth is, neither one of them can sing. Well, not that I know of anyway. If you knew these two gents you would laugh too because normally in a crowd they wouldn't dream of being the center of attention like this. But when they are with family their silly, comedic, fun loving side comes pouring forth and you get the Simpson duo, The Silent Minstrels.

3 comments:

  1. That makes me smile so much! I am so glad we get to have Papa for a little while. I love to see his happy little smile when he watches Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those San Francisco pics are gorgeous! How did I not know about the little Rome right there in the middle of CA? Where is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the Palace of Fine Arts. Go to www.palaceoffinearts.org/ and it says the following: The Panama Pacific Exposition of 1915 was an event dedicated to progress, the celebration of the completion of the Panama Canal, and the rebirth of San Francisco following the disastrous 1906 earthquake. Funds came from six million dollars in donations, five million in state bonds and five million in San Francisco taxes."
    It is quite close to the Presidio and Legions of Honor Museum. I also found this blurb about it on the internet. "Held just years after the 1906 earthquake the Panama-Pacific exposition had actually been in the planning stages since 1904. Much of the site was built in landfill that partly consisted of debris from the earthquake. It's most visible remnant is the Palace of Fine Arts which was originally made out of plaster and rebuilt with permanent materials in the 1960's."
    I had heard it was built as part of the World's Fair but I didn't know it was built on a landfill. Interesting. Thanks for the question that made me think.
    By the way, I'm glad to lend Papa to you Oregonians for two weeks. The only reason I'm letting him go is because I know Lizzy wouldn't miss the July celebration in Colfax so she has to bring him back :-0

    ReplyDelete