Monday, November 9, 2009

Can It Really Be True?

We heard today that Group 2 of the 82nd Airborne Division was in Germany and waiting to board a plan bound for Fort Bragg, North Carolina. ETA Green Ramp 3:40 a.m. "arrive early" we were told. After driving for 5 days from California, braving through truck trouble, no electricity in the new duplex and a few sundry other mishaps our soldier was scheduled home in 8 hours. He called, "Hi, I'm in Germany." Thank God!!! finally out of that "shit hole" as Ryan called it. The next picture I post will be of Ryan on US soil. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeee! This is me, squealing with excitement and anticipation for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!!! Even though he is standing right next to me its hard to believe. There is a lot going on right now but I'll post more soon.

    ReplyDelete