Monday, August 17, 2009

Woodstock

Tonight I argued with my husband about Woodstock. Woodstock celebrates its 40 year anniversary this year. I was twelve and Dean was 23. What the hell does a 23 year old Davis University studying chemical engineering know about an anit-war concert? Nothing!!! He thinks all the musicans were there for money. Thats because if you were a student attending a college or university back then you were exempt from the draft. Thats because if you were attending a college like Davis, studying chemical engineering you weren't even thinking about Vietnam. Not everyone thinks on the left side of their brain. Not everyone thinks along this strategic, logical path. Some of us actually question business as usual. Some of us don't travel the designated path, some of us actually question, why are we doing this? And while Dean was drafted, to Korea and not to Vietnam, I don't think he has any idea why those musicans performed at Woodstock. This is completely amazing to me because his father was a POW in the 2nd World War. How could he not understand???? I just want to shake him.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, sorry Dean, but he thinks they were there for the money!!!? Still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Katie who wasn't even born yet knows they weren't there for the money.
    sister1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dean just likes to piss me off.

    ReplyDelete