Sunday, August 23, 2009

Joined Windwalker Vineyards Wine Club

Dean doesn't really like joining wine clubs. In fact after over 30 years of wine tasting in Napa, Dean had never joined a wine club until he met me. We joined Chateau Souverain outside Napa in the Alexander Valley. I had a bit of a falling out with UPS because they would always try to deliver our wine shipment around 2:00 in the afternoon. Someone must be at home to sign for the wine and of course we never were. UPS refused to deliver after 5:00 when after we had come home from work, even though I saw them in the neighborhood as late as 6:30 p.m. So we dropped our membership. But I digress.
Now we have done it again. Our friends Brent and Carla Takemoto are members of
Windwalker Vineyards and they talked us into joining this fun group. Windwalker hosted their annual summer picnic last friday. We attended and were treated to a fabulous picnic complete with bottomless glasses of wine. All for $12.50 per person!!!
They served up generous portions of rib eye steaks, smoked turkey marinated in Windwalker Chardonnay, Caesar salad, black bean salad, focashia style french bread AND a chocolate brownie for dessert. Once the winery closed we weren't quite ready to stop the party. Luckily our new friends, the Campbells, live only 3 country miles from the winery. As you can see we were having a great time. Don't worry though, no one was drinking the windex pictured below on the counter next to the wine. Thats just what happens when you drop in on someone's house impromtu. If you look all the way to the dark window in the back of the picture you can see me. I'm behind that little flash of light.


6 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks like a good time! And yummy food. I want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get to tell any funny stories?
    sister1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not too much since I was a newcomer and the conversation was pretty dominated by the "gang" as Carla calls them. But I will have my day, you know I will. This is the group that we will be going to Europe with. Yes, we made the final decision to take that cruise.
    Yikes, 13 hours on an airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scarred shitless. We pay the full price in February and refunds go down dramatically the closer you get to the departure date (Mid May 2010). Feb. is sort of the point of no return. Hopefully I can stay focused until then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um yeah, focused on say, I don't know... EUROPE!

    ReplyDelete